Mark Binker with the Greensboro News and Record is reporting the finally information on the details of the contingency dollars:
1) $177 million flexibility cut for all state agencies. It doesn’t deal with salaries. (There was a question among budget negotiators whether this was supposed to go into effect immediately or on Jan. 1.)
2) Reducing Medicaid provider rates. $26.6 million.
3) Reducing the general fund balance from the current year by $23.5 million
4) Transfer from the disaster reserve by $30 million
5) Use of interest from other funds: $50 million
6) Unclaimed lottery prize money $35 million
7) Reduce savings reserve by $37 million
8) Reduce the retirement fund contribution by $139 million
Read the rest of Mark Blinker's blog here.