Friday, September 26, 2008

Lt. Governor Bev Perdue

Lieutenant Governor Bev Perdue, Democratic candidate for Governor, opened her remarks by stating that she has a long relationship with The Arc of Craven County. She stated it was a privledge to be asked to speak at The Arc of North Carolina state conference.

Bev Perdue connected to audience by saying "As I look at the system, and I read the papers, I am a regular citizen too. I get as mad as you do with what i see in the headlines." Stressing that you can not fix the system overnight, Perdue set out to establish that there will be accountability and hands on action in her administration. "I will hold all the systems up to quality outcomes." "No neglect will be tolerated."

Bev Perdue stated that is she becomes the next governor of North Carolina, "there is going to be a new boss in town. When bad stuff or good stuff happen I will get the credit or I will get the blame. Accountability for individual outcomes is critical."

No comments: